Sunday, February 26, 2012

Movie Review: The Vow



I am a big fan of chick flicks. More often than not, the ones I love are the ones that get torn apart by movie critics! However, I must say I was disappointed by the latest romance from director Michael Sucsy.

I had faith that this movie would be good because the crazy storyline of a woman forgetting her husband is based on a true story and Sucsy is the writer and director of another of my favorites Grey Gardens. Alas, it wasn’t to be.

The movie gets off to a good start, Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams have great onscreen chemistry and the early scenes are really funny and cute. It’s after this that the movie starts to go downhill. The plot loses its pace and the storyline becomes unfortunately predictable. 
It’s disappointing because the two actors do work well (and look well) together but this just wasn’t the right one for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment